Walk-In Beer Fridges, Coolers & Freezers
Need additional beer fridge cooler or freezer storage to your grocery store, restaurant, or cafeteria by using our walk-in coolers & freezers? Most most common walk-in coolers or freezers are indoor, but we also carry several outdoor options for businesses that don't have much free indoor space. We offer walk-in beer fridges, coolers & freezers in a variety of sizes, capacities, and compressor options, so we can easily recommend one that will meet your business's needs. To learn more about the differences between these products, contact us today!
6 Tips For Buying a Walk-In Cooler or Walk-In Freezer
If you own a restaurant, hotel, bar or casino, at some point as your business grows, you'll need a walk-in beer fridge, cooler or freezer to keep your stock fresh. We use ours years of expertise to recommend the right walk-in cooler or freezer configuration, according to specification dimensions while taking into account available usable space. We carry several configurations in coolers, freezers, combos, refrigerated or dry storage. Solutions are tailored to any needs to allow the maximal use of any space.
There are a few things to consider before you purchase your walk-in cooler or walk-in freezer. Take a look at the tips below to help you decide what type and size walk-in cooler or freezer you'll need.
1) The most obvious thing to consider is, what size walk-in unit do you need and do you have the space! To figure this out, you will have to take into account the thickness of the freezer walls, due to the extra insulation they have. So when calculating the size you need, take about 8" off of the width and depth of the walk-in cooler's dimensions, this is because the walls are about 4", so you're going to be losing a bit of internal space.
2) You should try to get as accurate a size for your walk in fridge, cooler as possible. This is crucial because if you get a cooler that is too big, you're going to be spending too much on the cooling costs. But if the cooler is too small, and you're putting too many things in it, the products may not stay cold enough. So preparation will save you time and money.
3) Walk in coolers typically can be bought in one of two ways, ready to go models, and custom built models. Quick ship models are what we offer. These are pre-designed models that are the best sellers, so you can have one shipped to you within a week or so. For a custom built model, you can give us a call, or send us an email, and we'd be happy to help you. A custom built model is ideal if you've got particular needs for the size of the unit, or if you want a walk-in cooler/freezer combination.
4) Another consideration for size is the aisle in the middle of your cooler. A walk in cooler's door is typically about 30" wide, so normally you won't need an aisle any wider than that. But do you want to be able to bring a cart into your cooler and be able to turn it around? Well, then you might need to get a bigger size cooler, so that you'll have aisle room to do that.
5) For refrigeration, you can choose self-contained units or remote units. Self-contained can be top-mounted on the ceiling or they can be side-mounted. These are much easier to install. It's so easy in fact you can probably do it yourself, which as you can imagine, will save you a lot of money, but we recommend having a
refrigeration technician install your walk-in unit. If you installed it your self, you would still have to inspect your installation job.
On the other hand, remote refrigeration units will require you to hire a refrigeration technician to install them. This will cost you a bit of money, but it might be necessary depending on the complexity of the installation.
6) One last thing to keep in mind, is what the exterior walls are made of. Although aluminum is an economical choice, and it won't rust, it could still get dented or damaged a lot easier than galvanized steel, which might cost you a bit more, but is far more durable. Just determine if your new walk-in beer fridge, cooler or freezer will be in a high traffic area or one out of the main traffic.
If you're unsure about which walk in cooler you should buy, or if you want to build a custom walk in cooler, then give us a call or send us an email, and we'd be happy to help!
Indoor Walk In Cooler Box
Walk-In Freezer Ceiling Mount Refrigeration
Indoor Walk In Freezer Side Mount Refrigeration
Floorless Indoor Walk-In Cooler Box
Need Help With Your Custom Beverage Tower & System?
Need a custom draught tower? Our experienced team of talented craftsmen are ready to work with you through your custom design and development process. With an end result of delivering your uniquely developed draught beer tower that exceeds your expectations. Contact Us Below!